Large Capacity Firearm, Magazine, Additional Ammunition Seized after Shots Fired Call
Springfield, Mass. — On Wednesday April 20th at approximately 6:00 p.m. Springfield Police Officers seized a loaded large capacity firearm and made two arrests on the 1000 block of Worthington Street.
Around 5:40 p.m. officers responded to this area for a report of shots fired. Officers arrived and located three individuals near the scene. Officers observed an open bag with a firearm inside. Officers then detained two individuals, while a third individual who was identified ran away.
One of the detained individuals, Handerson DeLeon, had approximately 300 pills of oxycodone on him. During a search of the bag officers recovered an additional loaded magazine and more than 30 rounds of additional ammunition. The firearm had a defaced serial number and a laser attachment on it.
DeLeon and a 15 year old juvenile were placed under arrest. The adult male suspect who ran away will receive a criminal complaint.
21 year old Handerson DeLeon of Springfield is charged with:
- Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm without a FID Card
- Possession of a High Capacity Magazine/Feeding Device
- Improper Storage of a Large Capacity Firearm
- Possession of Ammunition without a FID Card
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Class B Drug
- Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm during the Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a Firearm with a Defaced Serial Number during the Commission of a Felony