SPD Detectives Seized Loaded High Capacity Firearm, High Capacity Magazine after Shooting on Thursday
Springfield, Mass. — At approximately 8:55 a.m. Thursday April 7th Springfield Police Officers responded to the 0-100 block of Wellington Street for a ShotSpotter activation. Officers located a gunshot victim suffering from non-life threatening injuries inside a car.
While treating the victim, officers observed a high capacity magazine capable of holding 31 rounds on the drivers seat. Detectives also seized a firearm loaded with 13 rounds of ammunition inside the car. Clarke was transported to Baystate and taken into custody. He will be transferred to the Hampden County House of Correctional Center upon his release.
24 year old Dwight Clarke of Springfield is charged with:
- Carrying a Firearm without a License – 2nd Offense
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License
- Possession of a High Capacity Magazine/Feeding Device (2 Counts)
- Possession of Ammunition without a FID Card
- Convicted Felon in Possession of a Firearm