SPD FIU Detectives Seize Large Capacity Firearm from Suspect Wanted for an Armed Home Invasion
Springfield, Mass. — On Tuesday August 30th at approximately 6:10 p.m. members of the Firearms Investigation Unit observed Alexander Sifuentes in the area of Boston Road and Temby Street. Detectives were aware that Sifuentes had an outstanding warrant and was arrestable for a firearmed-home invasion that occurred on August 26th.
Detectives saw Sifuentes enter a car and he began driving away. Detectives are also aware that Sifuentes has a suspended license. Assisting Detectives arrived and they performed a traffic stop near the intersection of Pendleton Avenue and Walnut Street. Sifuentes ignored Detectives commands and attempted to drive way, but was unable to. He put the car into park and Detectives placed him under arrest.
During the arrest Detectives recovered a loaded semi-automatic firearm capable of holding 14 rounds of ammunition, approximately 86 grams of marijuana and more than $300 in cash.
The Springfield Police Department has now seized 201 illegally possessed firearms in 2022 of those the Firearms Investigation Unit has recovered 106 illegally possessed firearms.
30-year-old Alexander Sifuentes of Springfield is charged with:
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License – 2nd Offense
- Carrying a Loaded Large Capacity Firearm on a Public Way
- Firearm Violation with 2 Prior Violent/Drug Crimes
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Class D Drug
- Assault with a Dangerous Weapon
- Witness Intimidation
- Home Invasion
- Malicious Destruction of Property Over $1200
- Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon
- Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Suspended License
- Convicted Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Arrest Warrant
- Fugitive from Justice Warrant – New Jersey