SPD Officers Seize Large Capacity Firearm, Heroin and Crack-Cocaine Monday on Forest Street
Springfield, Mass. — On Monday April 11th at approximately 5:05 p.m. Springfield Police Officers responded to the 200 block of Belmont Avenue for a gun call. An investigation led officers to a home on Forest Street where an assault was alleged to have occurred.
Officers detained a suspect, later identified as Alijhea Ramirez. During a search officers located a loaded large capacity firearm, an additional magazine capable of holding 31 rounds of ammunition, approximately 95 bags of heroin and numerous bags of crack-cocaine.
Officers placed Ramirez under arrest.
18 year old Alijhea Ramirez of Springfield is charged with:
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License
- Carrying a Firearm without a License
- Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a High Capacity Magazine/Feeding Device (2 Counts)
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Class A Drug
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Class B Drug
- Possession of a Class A Drug
- Assault with a Dangerous Weapon
- Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon
- Assault & Battery