At approximately 1:00 p.m. Friday October 8th Springfield Police Officers responded to a car wash on the 1300 block of Boston Road for a report of a disturbance. An adult male stated to officers he was the victim of an armed robbery where his phone was stolen and a firearm was shown by two suspects. The victim was not injured.
Officers observed the suspect vehicle leaving and conducted a traffic stop on the 500 block of Parker Street. The driver, identified as Benjamin Asamoah, and passenger Joseph Llano were removed from the car and detained. Officers then located a loaded high capacity firearm inside the car.
21 year old Benjamin Asamoah and 22 year old Joseph Llano of Springfield are both charged with:
• Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony
• Armed Robbery
• Improper Storage of a Large Capacity Firearm
• Possession of Ammunition without a FID Card
• Carrying a Firearm without a License
• Resisting Arrest
– Llano is additionally charged with Interfering with a Police Officer
These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.